1. It’s Master’s Week. Yes, the first major golf tournament of the year, and, in my opinion, the greatest of the four majors. There are high expectations for Tiger Woods to win his first major in a few years and resume his quest to surpass Jack Nicklaus for total number of major wins. But will Phil MIckelson put it together again this week at Augusta? His game seems to show up in Georgia. What about Rory after he finally showed something this past week in San Antonio? Maybe the recent #1 player in the world has his new equipment figured out. We’ll find out this weekend. Believe it or not, but I will DVR the Masters final round Sunday to make sure I see how it all works out.
2. In other sports, March Madness comes to an end tonight on April 8. Who is your pick for the championship? The overall #1 Louisville or the strong team from Michigan with so many sons-of-former-NBA-players. I have some affinity for Michigan, but I think Louisville is going to be too tough to beat tonight.
3. Continuing the theme: Is there anything better than seeing the NY Yankees struggle early this season? They are the team we love to hate and it is nice to see the big spenders losing. As a Texas Rangers fan it was also nice to see the Rangers put down the used-to-be-Rangers, otherwise known as the Angels, this weekend. Though it was sad to see Josh Hamilton leave Texas the way he did and with such sourness toward the fans.
4. Guy V. Lewis is finally elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame. See the article here. This is a well deserved though much belated honor for the great coach of the University of Houston, known mostly for putting together the Phi Slamma Jamma teams. Many congratulations Coach Lewis.
5. Finally, I don’t care for the Nebraska Cornhuskers either, but they did a great thing at their Spring football game. Watch this video: