1. Sunday nights are back! We had a full night last night with AWANA and Men’s Fraternity kicking off. And next week we’ll add the Ladies Bible study. It was lots of fun with some new faces in the evening. I think this year is going to be one of our best in AWANA as we work hard to reach out to our neighborhood.
2. Football is back! The first full weekend of football season is almost in the books (2 games tonight). I love football season. The weather starts to change, my favorite teams get on the field. It’s just a great time of year. And it gets even better when the Horns and the Cowboys win! Of course we feel bad for our Aggie friends whose debut in the SEC looked eerily similar to their days in the Big 12.
3. Of course with the return of football we also get the return of the Monday Night Football Men’s Bible Study. We’ll meet at my house tonight (Monday) at 6:30. We’re going to start by working through Romans 8. Bring a Bible and an appetite!
4. As the father of two band kids, marching season has also gotten into my blood. The ORHS War Eagle band looked great Thursday night, and they were huge! Great to see so many students benefiting from the experience of being in a good band. BTW, last week we bought our airline and hotel for NYC. Can’t wait to see the band march in the Macy’s parade this Thanksgiving!
5. One of my goals for the week is to find some time to go see “The Bourne Legacy.” I can’t believe I haven’t seen it already. I’ve heard is was good and I loved the previous ones. If you’ve seen it, was it worth the money? Should I just wait to get it on DVD? Let me know.